Buy Cognac online from an off-license that knows a thing or two about brandy. Beers Of Europe has one of the best Cognac selections in the UK, with over 31 different varieties to choose from including well known brands like Hennessy, Rémy Martin and Martell. Get Cognac delivered to your door with our quick, reliable beverage delivery service. Whether you’re looking for something to celebrate with, or you want to restock your drinks cabinet, we have just the spirits you need, all under one easy roof.
What exactly is Cognac, we hear you ask? Cognac is a type of brandy that’s made by distilling white wine from the Charente-Maritime and Charente regions of France. But the stipulations don’t stop there. To be classed as a true Cognac, 90% of the brandy must be composed of the Ugni blanc, Folle Blanche, and Colombard grape varieties. The remaining 10% can be made from a range of other specified grapes. The brandy must also be distilled twice in copper pot stills and then it needs to be aged in oak wood barrels from either Limousin or Tronçais, for at least two years.
With so much work going into creating your favourite Cognac, it’s no wonder the end result tastes so sublime. But not all Cognacs are created equal. Here are three categories that every Cognac connoisseur should know:
V.S.: Eau de vies that’s been aged for at least two years. Also known as Very Special or Three Stars.
V.S.O.P.: Eau de vies that’s been aged for at least four years. Also known as Very Special Old Pale or Reserve.
X.O.: Eau de vies that’s been aged for at least six years. Also known as Extra Old or Hors d’Age, which often unofficially indicates particularly old or premium releases.
Now that you know more about Cognac, there’s only one thing left to do: browse the delicious varieties we sell here at Beers Of Europe, and pick your favourite. Order your next bottle of Cognac today!
Showing 1–24 of 26 results