The English Whisky Co
English Whisky Company
From the first distillery to produce English whisky in over 120 years, the aptly named English Whisky Company is based in the St George Distillery in Roudham, Norfolk, just down the road from us in fact. Despite only being born in 2005 as an idea from James Nelstrop and his son Andrew, who runs the distillery to this day, the company is making a big name for itself. With a 600 year tradition for growing and processing grain behind them, it is no wonder they put their experience to good use, building the distillery from scratch in 2006. Bring in a distiller from Laphroaig and they were all set to go.
Since 2006, they have produced nearly 3000 casks of whisky and have a new distiller, David Fitt, a former Greene King Brewer and have no plans on stopping anytime soon. Combine their passion with Norfolk’s unrivalled grains and water and you get a whisky of superb quality. Matured in American ex-bourbon as well as sherry and other wine casks, the depth of flavours you can appreciate from the whisky is simply outstanding.
If you want to learn more about the English Whisky Company, you can read the Q&A they did with us here.
- The English Whisky Chapter 14 and 15 Gift Pack with 2 Glasses
- The English Whisky Chapter 14 with 2 Glasses
- The English Whisky Chapter 14 with Hip Flask
- The English Whisky Co Chapter 10 Sherry Cask
- The English Whisky Co Chapter 13 Dragon Edition
- The English Whisky Co Chapter 14 Cask Strength Unpeated
- The English Whisky Co Chapter 14 Unpeated
- The English Whisky Co Chapter 15 Heavily Peated