Speciality spirits are the perfect way to remember a trip abroad, or else it’s an excellent way to indulge in something a little bit different. From Slovakian mead to Lebanese arak, Greek ouzo and even some good old British Pimms, Beers of Europe will have you covered. No matter how exotic your taste in spirits is, our online catalogue will have something special for you.
Speciality spirits include a huge range of different countries and cultures. The only way to get to know them all is to give them a try! Take a look at these for a bit of a taster:
Greek Ouzo: This is an anise-flavoured aperitif that can be served as a shot, or mixed with ice and water for a longer drink. It’s a great accompaniment to a traditional Mediterranean meze – Ouzo could definitely add some extra flavour to summer dining or any Greek meal.
Mead: This is a varied and tasty drink, produced by fermenting a solution of honey and water. The earliest mead is said to have been produced in around 2000BC. There are a huge number of different local traditions surrounding its brewing, all of which can affect taste and colour – this ranges from dark, sweet honey meads to fruitier flavours.
Mexican Mezcal: This is often considered the most authentic Mexican spirit; it can only be exported in the bottle so it’s always authentic. The name ‘Mezcal’ originates from the Aztec word for cooked pineapple; it’s made from agave plant which bears a passing resemblance to this tropical fruit. Each bottle has a worm inside – known colloquially as the chinculi, these worms live in the agave plant and are, in fact, very nutritious.
There are many more speciality spirits to be discovered at Beers – simply browse our online catalogue to find something unusual!
- Boven's Arrak
- Boven's Original Arrak
- Buckfast Tonic Wine
- Del Maguey Arroqueno Santa Catarina Minas Mezcal
- Del Maguey San Jose Del Rio Minas Mezcal
- Del Maguey Santo Domingo Albarradas Mezcal
- Dwojniak Dominikanski Polish Mead
- Dwojniak Kurpiowski Polish Mead
- Dwojniak Staropolski Polish Mead
- Francoli Grappa Bianco
- Grappa del Contadino Gusto Morbido
- Grappa Frederico
- Lambertus Classic New Single Grain Spirit
- Lambertus Smooth Malt Liqueur
- Lindisfarne Mead
- Lindisfarne Mead Spiced
- Midus Suktinis Stone Bottle
- Midus Zalgiris
Miody Polskie Set£15.98 by the case: £46.53
- Moniack Mead 500ml
- Scorpion Mezcal Anejo
- Scorpion Mezcal Reposado
- Trojniak Piastowski Polish Mead
- Vardys Moonshine Original Mojito
- Vardys Moonshine Strawberry and Basil
- West Coast Cooler Original 250ml
- West Coast Cooler Original 750ml
- West Coast Cooler Rose 750ml
- Wikinger Original Mead
- Wikinger Original Mead in Stone Bottle
- Wikinger Roter Mead with Cherry Juice
- Wikinger Roter Mead with Cherry Juice in Stone Bottle